8th grade Class Trip to Washington, DC & Gettysburg
Each year the 8th grade class travels to Washington, D.C. and Gettysburg, Pennsylvania during the month of May. Our students tour the nation’s capital by foot, bus, and boat, taking in monuments and museums. If that isn’t enough, we charge the battlefields of Gettysburg before we make our way home. This is an incredible opportunity for our students and is a memory-making experience to conclude their study of U.S. history.
This year’s trip is Tuesday, May 26, 2020 through Saturday, May 30, 2020.
Click here to get the Hemisphere Travel Information Packet (blue packet).
Click here to get the Student Info packet (yellow packet).
Click here to get the Parent Chaperone packet (white packet).
Please note these important dates:
● D.C. Parent Information Meeting is Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the SMS cafeteria.
● Registration & first payment of $300 due to hemispheretravel.com by October 10, 2019.
● Student Info Packet (yellow packet) due by October 10, 2019 (Turn in to either Ms. Scarbeck or Mr. Reininga.)
● Parent Chaperone packet (white packet) due by October 10, 2019 (Turn in to Mr. Reininga.)
● Second payment of $300 due to hemispheretravel.com by January 16, 2020.
● Third and final payment due to hemispheretravel.com by March 26, 2020.
● A final meeting will be scheduled for early May 2020.