Welcome to the Schmucker Middle School Library.
Below, you will find links to information about services offered in the Schmucker Library.
Schmucker Library Policies
Students at Schmucker visit the library every week with most Language Arts classes. This is the student's opportunity to choose books and other materials they will need for their classes. Students may also come to the library on a pass as their classroom teacher allows. The Library is also open before school from 8:50am - 9:00am.
Policies for the Library at Schmucker are as follows:
- Students may check out up to 3 books.
- Books are due every 3 weeks. Books may be renewed if a longer time is necessary.
- Students who have anything overdue may not check out any additional materials until the overdue item(s) are taken care of.
- If a book is lost, the student will need to pay the replacement cost for that book. If the book is found after being paid for, the student will get their money back.
- Overdue notices are sent to students through email.
Students needing to do online research can access the following site either at school or home:
World Book online is now available at school and at home. You can access this site by clicking on the following URL: http://www.worldbookonline.com/?subacct=C8833. The log-in is schmucker, and the password is spartans.
eBooks at Schmucker are available through the Online Catalog.
The Online Catalog can be accessed by going onto the Schmucker home page, choosing “students” from the drop down menu, clicking on “Access SMS Alexandria” in the middle of the page, and then clicking on the magnifying glass labeled Search. When an ebook is found in the catalog, the student can click on the link to download the ebook.