Welcome to the Schmucker Middle School Library.
Below, you will find links to information about services offered in the Schmucker Library.
Schmucker Library Policies
Students at Schmucker visit the library every week with most Language Arts classes. This is the student's opportunity to choose books and other materials they will need for their classes. Students may also come to the library on a pass as their classroom teacher allows. The Library is also open before school from 8:50am - 9:02am.
Policies for the Library at Schmucker are as follows:
- Students may check out up to 4 books.
- Books are due every 4 weeks. Books may be renewed if a longer time is necessary.
- Students who have anything overdue, may not check out any additional materials until the overdue item(s) are taken care of.
- If a book is lost, the student will need to pay the replacement cost for that book. If the book is found, after being paid for, the student will get their money back.
- Overdue notices are sent to students through email.
Students needing to do online reasearch can access the following sites either at school or home:
Readers' Guide Full-Text Select: CLICK HERE. (Log-in: BAI44 Password: schmucker) This online database, by WilsonWeb, supplies links to hundreds of periodical articles. These full-text articles may then be printed.
Inspire: Another online database that is supplied free to residents of the State of Indiana. CLICK HERE to link to this database. Full-text articles from periodicals, journals, and books are also available. When accessing Inspire from home, you may have to apply for a password to prove you live in Indiana.
World Book online is now available at school and at home. You can access this site by clicking on the following URL: http://www.worldbookonline.com/?subacct=C8833. The log-in is schmucker, and the password is spartans.
Other Databases: To access a list of several other databases, CLICK HERE. (You must have an active Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Library Card to access these databases).
Schmucker Middle school, along with Discovery, Grissom, and Penn High School, have an account with Overdrive as our eBook provider. Students can download ebooks to just about any device. For first time users accessing Overdrive, come to the library to pick up a pamphlet.
Directions for Overdrive
- Log in by using your ID# + initials as your login, and ID# + phm as your password.
- Browse for books. You can choose different categories.
- Click on a book that you are interested in. There will be a summary provided.
- Under the Borrow button, there is a way to change the number of days that you may borrow a book. If you don't change it, the default time is 14 days.
- Once you decide on a book, click Borrow.
- Click Download, and choose your format OR read it in your browser. (Kindle books require you to complete your checkout through Amazon's website.)
- At the end of your circulation period, your ebook will automatically disappear. You don't need to return it.
NOTE: While browsing OverDrive, you will see High School AND Middle School level ebooks. Please keep that in mind while making a selection, and choose responsibly.