You will need a sports physical filled out by a doctor and your parent/guardian before being able to participate in both tryouts and practices. The IHSAA approved the use of last year’s physicals to be used for this upcoming school year. You will need to upload that to new years RMA registration. If you did not have a physical done last year, you will need to get one completed with the newest IHSAA physical form (linked below). A 20-21 Health History Questionnaire is also required to be completed. This is also on RMA.
You will need to be registered at www.registermyathlete.com before you can compete.
- IHSAA Sports Physical
- If you already have an account from last year, you may use that account, but you will need to “start a new registration” for the new school year.
- Please make sure as you go through all the registration steps, that you check off all sports/activities that you might be interested in. It is much easier to delete activities you end up not participating in, than it is to add activities.
- Make sure you fill this out based on the upcoming grade level.
- You may upload your physical on this registration.
- * If you do not have your physical yet, you can come back to this part at any time.
- Please do not pay for any transportation fees through here until the season has started!
Please fill out the following Google Forms based on the sport you are interested in participating in for the fall sports season. (Make sure you fill out the form for your upcoming grade level)
- 7th grade football sign up Coach Bodnar : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade football sign up Coach Carroll : email@example.com
- 7th grade volleyball sign up Coach Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade volleyball sign up Coach Mech : email@example.com
- 7th grade cheer sign up Coach Rose : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade cheer sign up Coach Miller : email@example.com
- cross country (6th, 7th, 8th) sign up Coach Ladson : firstname.lastname@example.org
Football: July 27, 28, 29 - Optional conditioning 9:00 - 10:30 am. July 30th - equipment handout at 9:00 am. August 3rd - 1st day of mandatory practice 9:00 - 11:30 am.
Cross Country start date is August 12th for 7th & 8th grade only. August 13th for 6th grade only. August 14th for all 3 grades. 9:00 - 10:00 am.
Volleyball tryouts - August 4-7 - 10:00 - 12:00.
Cheerleading tryouts - July 21 - 23. 9:30 - 11:00
We are following the IHSAA reentry guidelines for athletics. It is extremely important that all families do their part to keep our safety our top priority.
Parent Responsibilities (Communicate this to Parents)
- No student participation if the health questionnaire and physical is not completed and on file with RMA. The form can be found in Register My Athlete and on both Schmucker’s and the IHSAA’s website.
- Self-Screening - Before coming to Schmucker each day, students/parents should self-assess for the following signs and symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Feeling feverish or temperature above 100.4
- Chills or unexplained muscle aches
- Worsening cough, sore throat or headache
- Shortness of breath
- Close contact with anyone having COVID-19
- No spectators will be permitted at any practice, indoor or outdoor.
- All athletes must bring their own water bottles, and water bottles should not be shared. There will be no team water coolers or shared drinking stations. Water will be made available for safe bottle refills.
- Masks - Students and coaches should wear a mask when entering or leaving a facility. Additionally, students can wear a mask during practice/training/rehearsal, if they choose, as long as doing so will not cause a health risk. Students should wear a mask when not involved in rigorous activity.
Student Responsibilities (Communicate this to Parents/students)
- Responsible for self-checking at home for signs and symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Must stay at home if sick.
- Must notify the head coach / sponsor directly if not feeling well.
- Must bring your own, well marked, water bottle. DO NOT SHARE.
- Must clean clothing after every training, rehearsal.
Updates will be on the Schmucker Middle School website and on Twitter @ Schmucker Spartans Athletics
Please email Jim Modlin (Athletic Director) at email@example.com or the coach with any questions or concerns.